A Midsummer Night’s Dream at SPAC (photo: Saratoga Performing Arts Center)
For the first time in five decades, Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) announces upcoming summer programming prior to the holiday season with the Holiday Collection. The Holiday Collection is a selection of nine incredible programs handpicked to help audiences celebrate the holiday season. Tickets will become available at spac.org on Monday, November 30, “Cyber Monday,” at 10 a.m.
“SPAC’s 2016 Anniversary Season is a celebration of the visionaries who brought SPAC to life and the community that sustained, enriched, and expanded SPAC for five decades. As we celebrate fifty years, we must remember that the dreams of the future are as important as the history of the past. We pay tribute to our founders’ legacy by launching SPAC’s artistic future through innovative programming, once-in-a-lifetime special events, and World-Premieres by choreographer Justin Peck and composer Michael Torke. Together, we applaud our cherished resident founders George Balanchine, Lincoln Kirstein, Eugene Ormandy, and their world-renowned artistry.”
“Through the Holiday Collection, SPAC’s supporters, friends and audiences can join our unforgettable 2016 50th Anniversary Celebration immediately. There is no better way to support SPAC than to attend a performance in our world-renowned amphitheater. As a community, we can build the next chapter of SPAC’s ongoing story. Let’s raise the curtain on SPAC’s future together!”
SPAC Holiday Collection Programs Include:
ALVIN AILEY AMERICAN DANCE THEATER, featuring Revelations - Friday, July 8 at 8 p.m.; Saturday, July 9 at 2 p.m. & 8 p.m. Tickets are $26 on the lawn and all amphitheatre seats $55-$65. Tickets for children 12 and under in the amphitheatre are $10 to Alvin Ailey.
NEW YORK CITY BALLET’s iconic classics, A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Jewels
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream - July 20 at 8 p.m.; July 22 at 8 p.m.; and July 23 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $26 on the lawn and start at $40 in the amphitheatre.
- Jewels - Wednesday, July 27 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $26 on the lawn and start at $40 in the amphitheatre.
THE PHILADELPHIA ORCHESTRA’s 50th SPAC Season
- Sarah Chang– Thursday, August 4 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $26 on the lawn and start at $40 in the amphitheatre.
- Ratatouille in Concert – Saturday, August 6 at 8 p.m. Tickets $26 on the lawn and start at $40 in the amphitheater. Tickets for children 12 and under in the amphitheatre are $10 to Ratatouille in Concert.
- The Firebird – Thursday, August 11 at 3 p.m. and Friday, August 12 at 8 p.m. SPAC will introduce a rare matinee performance for the Thursday, August 11 presentation of The Firebird. Tickets $26 on the lawn and start at $40 in the amphitheater.
- Renée Fleming – Thursday, August 18 Tickets $26 on the lawn and start at $40 in the amphitheater.
- Joshua Bell and Chris Botti – Friday, August 19 at 8 p.m. Tickets $26 on the lawn and start at $40 in the amphitheater.
- 1812 Spectacular – Saturday, August 20 @ 8 p.m. Tickets $26 on the lawn and start at $40 in the amphitheater.
THE CHAMBER MUSIC SOCIETY OF LINCOLN CENTER, performs SPAC debut of Appalachian Spring Suite for Ensemble – Sunday, August 7 at 7 p.m. CMS performances are held in the Spa Little Theater. Tickets start at $40.
On Monday, November 30, popularly called “Cyber Monday,” tickets for Holiday Collection performances will become available online at spac.org. Tickets may also be purchased in-person at the SPAC Box Office on Route 50 as part of a one-time-only Holiday Collection offering on Saturday, December 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with complimentary hot chocolate. All Holiday Collection tickets purchased online and in person prior to May 1, 2016 may receive a 10% discount by using code “Holiday.”
For more information, go online to www.spac.org.