19TH ANNUAL CHOWDERFEST TO BE HELD IN SARATOGA COUNTY, NY
Enjoy some winter fun and some great food at the 19th Annual Chowderfest (part of the 20th annual Winterfest) held in Saratoga Springs, NY on Saturday, February 4, 2017 from 11:00AM to 4:00PM – the event is coordinated by the Saratoga Convention and Tourism Bureau and presented by DeCrescente Distributing Co. Special hotel rates are available at DiscoverSaratoga.org/Chowderfest.
Visitors can pick up a ballot from any participating vendor and taste chowders from over 80 participating establishments and vote for their favorite. Each sample of chowder is $1, and is paid directly to the establishment. Valid ballots can be turned in to the Saratoga Springs Heritage Area Visitor Center (11-4 p.m) or The Saratoga Springs City Center (11-4 p.m) or you can vote online at DiscoverSaratoga.org/Vote! Winners will be announced inside the Visitor Center at 6:30 p.m. on the day of the event.
For $10 each, Chowderfest attendees can take home an official long-sleeve shirt (2XL shirts are $12).
FREE Park & Ride Shuttles available that run back & forth from 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Upstate Transit Shuttles will run from the Wilton Mall at Saratoga at the park & ride near Dick's Sporting Goods store to the corner of Lake Ave and High Rock in front of Hampton Inn & Suites. Shuttles will also run from the Saratoga Casino Hotel using the Crescent Ave. entrance at the CDTA/MegaBus parking area to Congress Park.
Family-friendly events will be happening around town, including A New England Nanny caregivers are supervising kid’s games on the patio behind the Visitor Center, Face Painters, characters, and a hot chocolate station at Putnam Den, Katrina Trask Nursery School have kid’s activities inside the City Center and JoJo the Face Painter and Balloon Gal Jenny are inside the City Center.
Photo ops include an ice sculpture in front of Roohan Realty, 'On the Spot Photos' at Impressions of Saratoga, and Capital Disc Jockeys and Photobooth at the Visitor Center.
Street closings from 11 AM–4 PM:
- Maple Avenue from Lake Avenue to Phila Street
- Top of Caroline Street from Broadway to Putnam Street
- Bottom of Caroline St from Putnam to Henry Street
- Bottom half of Phila Street from Putnam to Henry Street
- Henry Street from Caroline to Lake Avenue
- Ellsworth Jones Place next to the City Center
- Visitor Center- Capital Disc Jockeys (10 AM-7 PM) Billboard songs from yesterday & today
- Henry Street- FLY 92 (11 AM-4 PM) Top 40 and Pop with Urban Edge
- City Center- Rewind 105.7 (11 AM-4 PM) Hits from the 80’s, 90’s & More
- Ellsworth Jones Place- Q103 (11 AM-4 PM) Rock Music
- Downtowner Motel- WGNA (11 AM-4 PM) Country Music
- Top of Caroline St. – 101.3 The Jockey (11 AM-1 PM) 80’s, 90’s, 2K & today – WRVE The River (1 PM-4 PM) Today’s Variety
- Bottom of Caroline St. – WPYX (11 AM-4 PM) Classic Rock
- Bottom of Phila St. – KISS FM (11 AM-4 PM) All the Hits
- Prime at Saratoga National Golf Club – Live music by Dan Sherwin
- Gaffney’s Restaurant – Live music by Jeff Brisbin (12 PM-4 PM)
- Carson’s Woodside Tavern – Live music by Nate (12 PM-3 PM)
Chowderfest is a signature winter event that takes place during the 20th Annual Winterfest, February 3-12, 2017. Over 40,000 people enjoyed Chowderfest last year and more than 130,000 samples of chowder were served. For a list of participating chowder vendors, Winterfest events and further details, visit DiscoverSaratoga.org/Chowderfest or call 518-584-1531.